Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Purple Shampoos and what they do!

Purple shampoos cancel out red and yellow undertones, brightening blonde hair, and giving it a more cool shade of color. This is not a one-time thing like a toner, but a once or twice a week shampoo to subtly brighten dull hair. I have tried Shimmer Lights and Jhirmack, and have found Jhirmack to be the best! Shimmer lights works, but you have to be very careful when using it. In my experience with it, having very light blonde hair, it soaked up the purple and did not wash out. It actually colored my hair purple! Luckily, TCU was playing that day, so I managed to get away with telling everyone I just had lots of school spirit. :)  But washing out the purple was a nightmare! I will say one good thing though. Shimmer Lights shampoo conditioned my hair very well. It worked like a deep conditioner, which I loved, but my one bad experience has scared me too much to go back. Jhirmack, on the other hand, works like a charm every time. I can leave it in for ten minutes if I want to, and it will never turn my hair purple! When I get out of the shower, my hair is a brighter more beautiful blonde. I love it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment